damaged wiring - Tim Kyle

Damaged Wiring: Could Rodents Be the Cause?

Rodents—rats, mice, and chipmunks—can cause extensive damage to your home. They can invade your attic, basement, crawl spaces, and other areas. Once inside, rodents can wreak havoc from damaged wiring to chewed insulation in your attic or even permanent appliance damage. Learn more about how to prevent rodents from damaging your electrical wires.

Rodents and the Electrical Damage They Can Cause

When you think of a fire hazard, rodents may be the farthest thing from your mind. Rodents chew the wires in your home because they are continuously teething. Rodents chew on everything. Unfortunately, when they chew on wires, it’s a serious and dangerous problem for you and your home.

In addition to damaged wires, rodents leave behind excrement which can cause a variety of diseases. Rodents may also make a nest in your home and continue to multiply. This is why an annual pest inspection is ideal. As a homeowner, you can safeguard against rodents entering your home by

  • Not leaving food and beverages out
  • Putting lids on trash cans tightly
  • Removing excessive debris from your yard
  • Sealing cracks and holes in your home’s foundation

When to Call a Residential Electrician in Adams County

Damaged wiring is a serious matter and should only be handled by an electrician. Signs you have damaged or faulty wiring include hot outlets, flickering lights, a burning smell, or loose outlets. If you experience any of these instances, you need a residential electrician in Adams County. Contact Tim Kyle Electric, Heating & Cooling! Our electricians can inspect your home to ensure the wiring and outlets in your home don’t pose any threats. We want to ensure your family is comfortable and safe. Contact us today to learn more about damaged wiring and other residential services we offer.

Share this post

Skip to content