Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless, flammable gas that can be fatal to humans. This gas can accumulate in different place in your home. Therefore, having a carbon monoxide detector in your household is essential. Read on to learn more.
The Health Risks of Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide exposure can cause a variety of short-term health complications, including memory loss and depression. There are also long-term health risks of carbon monoxide exposure, including major organ dysfunction and behavioral and personality changes. Whenever a material burns, it is produced. Common household fuel-burning appliances include:
- Water heaters
- Clothes dryers
- Gas stoves and ovens
- Fireplaces (wood and gas burning)
If carbon monoxide is affecting your home, the people and pets in your home may appear to have flu-like symptoms. You will notice you feel better when you’re away from home.
Carbon monoxide detectors are essential for every home with gas appliances and other gas-powered options because they keep families safe. Since carbon monoxide doesn’t have a distinct odor and you can’t taste it, you need a device that can detect it. A carbon monoxide detector warns you when carbon monoxide is present, so you can take the necessary safety actions.
There should be at least one detector on each floor of your home plus one in the garage. Place each detector approximately five feet from the ground and not directly beside gas-powered appliances and other items.
Electrician in Hanover
The professional electricians here at Tim Kyle Electric will gladly install your carbon monoxide detector and address any electrical concerns you may have. There is no debate about it: carbon monoxide detectors are a necessity for every home. To ensure that they’ve been properly installed, you should have a professional take care of the initial installation and ask their advice when it comes to any maintenance. Feel free to contact us to learn more about the services we offer or schedule a service.