You don’t need to be an electrician to ensure simple electrical safety measures are taken in your home. Here are tips to ensure your kids are safe in your household.
Electrical Safety Tips
Talk to kids who are old enough to understand that touching any wire or outlet in the house can make them “sick.” Use a tone and the best language your child will understand. Also be sure to take the following steps:
- Ensure all electrical appliances are far away from a children’s reach.
- Hide extension cords or use electrical tape to cover them.
- Use plastic inserts for any exposed wall outlets.
- Teach your kids not to touch electrical circuits near water.
- Have an electrician install GFCI outlets around any areas of water or moisture.
- Teach children to never put fingers or other objects in an outlet.
- Never pull a plug out by its cord.
- Stay away from substations and power lines.
- Don’t climb on power poles.
- Stay away from broken or fallen power lines.
- Never touch or climb trees that are near power lines.
Residential Electrical Services in Myersville
If you are worried about the safety of your home’s electrical system, contact the professionals at Tim Kyle Electric for an evaluation. At Tim Kyle we recommend regular inspections of your systems and evaluations to determine whether or not everything is up to code. Time wears down even the best appliances, and we certainly don’t think that you should wait for an electrical fire to realize that yours are out of date. If you never had a certified electrician check your entire home’s electrical system, give us a call to discuss. A full safety inspection is what’s needed to make sure you and your family are safe and sound. If you invite us into your home to carry out an inspection, or to discuss our Home Safety Service Plan, we’ll make sure that you are happy with our work.