Electrical outlets are the source of electric currents that power your appliances. Ideally, an electrical system can handle all your home’s power needs. However, sometimes you may notice outlets that tend to get warm or hot. If you suspect a damaged outlet, contact a residential electrician in York County to fix the problem.
Signs of a Damaged Outlet
A hot outlet could be a sign of a major problem in the electrical system. To ensure the safety of you and your property, you should always inspect outlets and switches that feel warm. An outlet is designed to handle a certain amount of current. However, it gets hot if it is overloaded with too many electrical connections. Too many devices draw an excessive amount of energy beyond the capacity of that particular outlet.
In addition, if your home is more than 20 years old, its current wiring may not be able to handle the amount of demand from today’s appliances. Due to the uneven flow of current, an outlet may get hot to the point of causing fires. Pay special attention to any warm outlets that don’t have anything plugged in. This is an issue that needs an immediate solution as it can cause massive problems. This suggests that your home has corroded or old wiring. A damaged wiring system can result in discoloration of outlets. Call an experienced electrician to examine any damaged outlets and inspect the wiring system to determine if there’s a need for repair or replacement.
Residential Electrician in York County
If you have damaged outlets in your home, contact the electricians at Tim Kyle Electric. Our electricians can help you identify the cause of the problem and offer a permanent solution. Whether your home has frayed wires, burnt-out outlets, or blown fuses, we can help you. Contact us today.