Home safety is essential to every homeowner. Outdated electrical outlets and degraded loose wires within a home pose as a safety hazards: as a result, outlet upgrades may be necessary. Upgrading from two-prong outlets to three-prong outlets limits the possibility of an electrical fault occurring (electrical faults escalate to fire emergencies if upgrades are not made).
When Outlet Upgrades are Necessary
Here are key indicators you should look for:
- An increase in temperature on the outlets
- Discolored cords, plugs, or switch platesWhiting Turner
- Cracked outlet covers
- Loose-fitting plugs
- Frequent breaker flips
- Fixtures producing flickering lights
- Outlet shocks, buzzes, or vibrates
- Fixtures produce a smell of burning vinyl or plastic
Home Electrical Inspection
Even if you don’t notice any warning signs, it’s a good idea to have your home’s electrical system inspected periodically. Faulty outlets and receptacles, interior house wiring, and other electrical wiring cause a high percentage of home electrical fires. Below are a few common situations that warrant an inspection from a qualified professional:
- Your home is more than 40 years old
- You are relying on extension cords for power
- Major home improvements have been made
- You have purchased new appliances that could put strain on your existing system
- Your home has ungrounded, two-prong outlets instead of three-prong outlets
Above all, elevate the safety and comfort of your living space by upgrading your outlets. Upgrading your outlets protects the electrical system from overload, and therefore, you protect yourself from shock and the danger of electrocution.
Looking for a residential electrical service in Woodsboro, MD? Tim Kyle Electrical Service is your ideal partner for electrical repair and installation services. We employ qualified technicians to guarantee the quality of the service. We were given a five star rating through Five Star Rated Home Services Review due to our exceptional service and work performance! Contact us today to take care of any and all electrical needs.