Outdoor lighting can have a significant impact on the overall appearance of your house. Therefore, if you are thinking of improving your curb appeal and freshening up things in your home, updating exterior light fixtures is an excellent way to go about it. So, how can you choose the right outdoor lighting fixtures for your home? Read on to learn more from a residential electrical service in Lutherville-Timonium.
Exterior Lighting Fixtures
There are several types of outdoor lighting fixtures. Some will improve visibility, safety, and security, while others will enhance your home’s beauty. Examples of outdoor lighting fixtures you can consider investing in include:
- Outdoor chandeliers
- Post lights
- Outdoor wall scones
- Outdoor table lamps
- Walkway and path lighting
- Step lighting
- Deck lighting
Different kinds of outdoor lighting fixtures will give you different results. Therefore, do your homework on what you need to ensure you purchase and install appropriate lighting fixtures. Consider the following:
- The size of the area you would like to light will determine the size of the lighting fixtures you should choose. Of course, large lighting fixtures will be more noticeable. However, oversized lighting fixtures will upset proportionality and consequently degrade your curb appeal.
- Different lighting fixtures will produce different levels of brightness. If you are lighting for aesthetic purposes, such as relaxation and decoration, choose lighting fixtures whose light is not too bright. On the other hand, if you are lighting an area for functional purposes, such as security or safety, choose brighter lights.
- The right color of outdoor lights depends on the color of your home, the purpose of the lighting fixtures, and the brightness you would like to achieve. For example, light color generally blends well with environmental colors. While white lights can help you achieve maximum brightness in working areas, yellow lights can bring the richness of the surrounding colors to your garden.
- Some outdoor fixtures need to be installed above the eye level, while others need to be below the eye level. Therefore, before you can settle for any particular exterior light fixture, you need to consider how high you want it installed.
Residential Electrical Service Lutherville-Timonium
Illuminated lights greeting you when you drive up to your house. Motion sensors that help you see into night’s darkness. Or electricity flowing in the yard to power a small waterfall. Whatever your exterior lighting and outdoor electrical needs are, Tim Kyle Electric is here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our services.