Outdoor lighting can transform a space. It can make something basic and drab into something inviting and comfortable. If you are looking or some outdoor lighting ideas for your deck, keep reading.
Advantages of Good Outdoor Lighting
When it comes to outdoor lighting, there are many advantages to having the right type of lighting. These advantages include:
- Helping with navigation in the backyard
- Increasing safety after dark by illuminating pathways and steps
- Elevating curb appeal
- Adding to the security of the home
- Creating a comfortable and communal atmosphere when entertaining
Deck Lighting Ideas
When it comes to deck lighting ideas, there is a myriad to choose from that will get your creative lighting ideas flowing. The Spruce has a few examples:
- Illuminate deck risers. Surface mounts can be placed on the risers under the treads to add light for each step. Not only does this increase stair safety at night, but it also adds to the security of the home.
- Another idea on their list is a combination of lighting. It includes stair lighting, landscape lighting, lighting built into the grill area, and string lights above the whole deck. This illuminates several areas of the outdoor area with soft, comfortable lighting that doesn’t strain the eye or produce glare.
- Add recessed miniature lights to highlight design features.
- Use Smart technology to control lighting and settings remotely.
- Anchor downlights to walls, eaves, patio roofs or trees.
Contact Tim Kyle Electric
At Tim Kyle Electric, we use our know-how to transform your outdoor areas into the outdoor living spaces of your dreams. We also keep in mind the safety and security of your home as well. Landscape lighting can breathe new life into your outdoor areas. If you are looking for an electrician in Perry Hall, contact Tim Kyle Electric today to get started.