You may have already decorated for the holidays, but there’s still time to tweak your decor to save money this time of year. Here are some tips to keep in mind when trying to save on electrical holiday lighting.
How to Save on Holiday Lighting
- Use LED lights. They use 70% less energy than incandescent lights and last an extremely long time. They’re safer, as they do not heat up the way incandescent lights do, and they’re eco-friendly. They’re easier to install and do not require an overloaded wall socket. They shine brighter and are available in a plethora of colors.
- Utilize programmable lights and timers. Since holiday lighting is admired most at night, but you also don’t want to leave them running until dawn, invest in a timer so the lights do not waste energy. The timer will turn on the lights when it gets dark out and turn the lights off when scheduled.
- Use other types of decorations. Candles, wreaths, and tinsel can be used as other forms of decorations that are captivating, yet do not require electricity. Optic light decorations only use one lamp source to light up an entire room. Or, instead of using electricity, use battery-powered decorations.
Cut Back on General Wasteful Usage
Other ways to conserve energy are to:
- Ppen up curtains during the day to let sunlight in which will warm your home naturally and decrease the amount of heat you use
- Don’t leave Christmas tree lights on all day
- Close drapes when the sun goes down to keep any drafts out
- Don’t wait for your oven to pre-heat. Place the meal into the oven before it pre-heats to save energy.
Looking for more ways to save on your electrical costs? Contact Tim Kyle Electric for a reliable electrician in Rosemont who can help make your home more energy-efficient with new smart technology. Our services include panel upgrades, emergency standby power, smart home technology, surge protection, and energy management systems. Our residential services are ever-expanding and come with our 100% satisfaction guarantee!