Hiring an electrician for your home or business is an important decision. You want to make sure you are getting the best person for your needs and who can meet your budget. So, what questions should you ask when hiring an electrician? The professionals at Tim Kyle, a Walkersville electrician, can provide you with excellent service and help guide the process.
Tips for Hiring an Electrician
When hiring an electrician, there are five key questions you should ask before closing the deal.
- Are you licensed? When you hire an electrician, you want to make sure the electrician you hire is licensed, bonded and insured. This not only assures you that you are getting a professional, but also provides a safety net in the event something goes wrong with the wiring project.
- What is your experience? Ask the electrician how many years he or she has been a licensed professional. While length of time doesn’t necessarily equate to better electrical services, it does provide you with an idea of how much experience your electrician has. Generally, the more years of experience, the greater knowledge and skills to complete the job.
- Which person will actually be completing the work? When contacting an electrical contractor, find out exactly which electrician will be completing your particular project. If the person who will be doing your wiring is relatively new to the field, find out who will be supervising the work. Will the primary worker be an apprentice or a master electrician?
- Can you provide references? Ask the electrician where you can find customer reviews. Seeing what other customers have said about the work performed on their homes or businesses will help you decide if this is the right electrician for you.
- Can you provide an estimate? Ask for a detailed quote. The more detail the electrician puts in the quote, the less surprises you will face during the project. This also clearly defines your expectations and the electrician’s capabilities at the onset.
Looking for a Walkersville Electrician?
Hiring an electrician is a serious endeavor. You want to make sure the job is done completely and safely to prevent injury or damage to property. For an electrician in Walkersville, Maryland, contact the professionals at Tim Kyle Electric and get your quote today.