We all know that summers in this area are hot and humid. This means air conditioning units will be on full blast and energy bills will be climbing. Whether you currently practice some energy saving tips for summer or are looking to start, summer is a great time to be aware of your energy consumption.
Many people practice energy saving tips without realizing it. From washing your laundry in cold water to running your pool filtration system for a little less time, saving energy during the summer doesn’t have to be that different from what you already may practice. Once you notice your energy bill decreasing, you may even start to implement new ways to reduce consumption.
5 Energy Saving Tips For Summer
- Set your AC at 78 degrees, or as high as you can while still remaining comfortable. Many people don’t realize the main job of an air conditioner is to remove humidity. Once humidity is gone, the temperature might not have to be as low as you thought.
- Keep your AC unit in top shape. Consider getting a tune-up once the season begins and changing your air filters every month.
- Avoid overheating your home and run dishwashers and dryers at night. During the hottest parts of the day, your AC unit is working overtime. Don’t give it extra work by creating more heat in your home. If possible, air dry dishes to reduce energy consumption.
- Keep water heaters set to 120 degrees. During the hot days of summer, no one wants to take a very hot shower, keeping your water heater set to a lower temperature will greatly reduce energy consumption.
- Unplug major appliances when not in use. This doesn’t mean you have to go around unplugging every electronic in your home but, if possible, unplug televisions and make sure that computers are turned off.
You will be thankful that you practiced these energy saving tips for summer once you see a dip in your energy bill! If you already practice some of these tips and are looking to further your energy savings, consider installing a ceiling fan in the main area of your home. This keeps air circulating and will reduce the use of your AC unit. For more information on ceiling fan installation, or to schedule an energy audit so that you know exactly where the energy is being drained from your home, get in touch with Tim Kyle Electric today!
Top 10 Summer Energy-Saving
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][border margin=”no”][/border]
About Tim Kyle Electric
Tim Kyle Electric has been delighting our customers with responsive, trusted and professional electrical services since 1986. We provide residential, commercial and solar power services and are experts in our field. Our team of professionally trained employees uphold our core values of honesty, respect and integrity. We are available 24/7 for your electrical servicing needs. Get in touch with us today to discuss your next electrical project.
[fusion_button href=”/contact-us/” css_classes=”button_hilite”]Click here to contact us today![/fusion_button] [/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][border margin=”no”]