The holidays are here, which means colorful decorations, parties, and lots of bright lights. Unfortunately, those twinkling lights can get expensive to keep lit. Here are some ideas from a residential electrical service in Perry Hall to keep the bills down, the lights on, and everyone safe.
How to Save Money on Holiday Electric Bills
You’re getting ready to put up the lights for the holidays, and you know your electric bill is going to increase. It’s inevitable. More lights mean using more power, and using more power means higher bills. Fortunately, there are ways to save on electricity during the holidays.
- Use LED Lights. LED lights use a fraction of the power of incandescent bulbs. They don’t give off much if any heat and last much longer than conventional bulbs. They are also durable and don’t need to be replaced unless they’re damaged. In addition, LEDs offer lighting choices that conventional bulbs don’t offer. You can connect them to a controller that can change the colors or even rotate through various colors, using a simple computer program.
- Use a timer. Using an automatic timer for your holiday lights can save you money. Ever have one of those mornings where you get up and realize your holidays have been on all night? Everyone has done it at one time or another. A timer will solve that problem. By using an automated timer, you can set the exact time you want the lights to come on and go off. This will help reduce your electric usage.
- Ever leave a room and leave the light on? It stays on until you remember to go shut it off. Install smart switches that can solve this problem. If you leave a light on, you can shut it off using an app on your smartphone.
There are some risks involved with holiday lighting. Broken bulbs can cause cuts and shocks. Remember the following tips:
- Use a wooden or fiberglass ladder when installing outdoor lights to prevent shocks.
- Don’t overload outlets. This can result in overheating and a fire.
- Use indoor lights indoors and outdoor lights outdoors.
Residential Electrical Service in Perry Hall
Be safe this holiday season and find ways to lower your holiday electric bills. If you are need of a residential electrical service in Perry Hall, look no further than the services of Tim Kyle Electric. To learn more, contact Tim Kyle Electric.