Woodsboro electrician - Tim Kyle

Electrical Fires: How to Prevent

Electrical fires can strike without warning. Unfortunately, this scenario happens all too frequently, but it doesn’t have to happen to you. Here are a few warning signs to watch out for, according to a Woodsboro electrician.

How to Prevent Electrical Fires

Most people take their home’s electrical system for granted. You flip a switch, push a button, and the light comes on. However, you need to take care of it with regular maintenance just like every other system in your house. Ignoring trouble signs can be catastrophic and tragic. Here are a few things to check:

Wiring: If your home is older, its wiring might not be up to the task of handling the demands of a modern home. Homes built in the early 1900s may have inadequate wiring. During that time period there were less appliances and a home’s electrical draw was relatively low. In today’s world, the demand of multiple appliances and devices may overload an older system and cause a fire.

Faulty outlets: These are a major cause of electrical fires. If any of your outlets spark when you plug something in, give off a funny smell when in use, or feel hot to the touch, then you need to contact an electrician right away.

Too many extension cords: They’re useful and make things easier. However, if you connect too many appliances or devices to one extension cord, you can overload the circuit and cause a fire. It’s best to only connect one device per extension cord and unplug it before you connect a different device or appliance. This will help prevent any possible overloading.

Frequently blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers: If you’re constantly dealing with blown fuses or repeatedly tripping circuit breakers, you definitely have a problem. If a breaker trips when you turn on the dryer or use the microwave, the appliance is likely the problem. If you use an outlet and it continually trips one breaker, call an electrician immediately.

When You Need a Woodsboro Electrician

If you’re experiencing any of these or other electrical issues, get in touch with the folks at Tim Kyle Electric. Their licensed and experienced staff is ready to help you with any of your electrical system issues.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email

WE ARE CURRENTLY OPEN AND OPERATING. PLEASE CLICK TO READ MORE ABOUT OUR CURRENT STATUS AND PRATICES DURING THIS SITUATION.

WE ARE CURRENTLY OPEN AND OPERATING. PLEASE CLICK TO READ MORE ABOUT OUR CURRENT STATUS AND PRATICES DURING THIS SITUATION.

Skip to content