You need a sufficient electrical system to safely perform your work tasks. Therefore, as a business owner, you must ensure your business is safe from electrical shock or fire before having your employees return from telework. So, what are some warning signs to look for? Read on to learn more from the experts at Tim Kyle Electric, a company offering residential electrical services in Frederick County.
Signs Your Office Needs Electrical Repair
Here are a few warning signs that your office space may need electrical updates:
- If you notice that circuit breakers are regularly switching off, this is an indication that there is an issue with your electrical system. While you could just reset the circuit, this action will not necessarily address the cause of the issue. An electrician should perform an inspection to ensure you’re actually fixing the problem.
- If you notice your lights are flickering, you should complete an assessment. If replacing the bulb doesn’t work, you know the issues is within the circuit itself.
- Are there strange smells? Wire or circuits can overheat. When you notice ozone or smoky smells in your office, get a professional to immediately assess the issue and make repairs.
- Do you see sparks around any electrical outlets? Wires can become worn or corroded to the point that electricity escapes. This is an imminent fire hazard, and outlets should be repaired immediately.
- Finally, if you discover a dead outlet, the current is disrupted at some point leading to the outlet. Or, the outlet itself is defective. This needs to be inspected and replaced by a licensed electrician.
Residential Electrical Services in Frederick County
Having employees return back to an office building means making sure they have a safe and productive environment to return to. For commercial and residential electrical services in Frederick County, Maryland, contact the licensed technicians at Tim Kyle Electric. We service commercial clients large and small to better serve anyone who needs professional electrical work taken care of.