Electric cars are becoming more popular by the minute. The International Energy Agency predicts that electric cars will grow internationally from 3 million to 125 million by 2030. Considering purchasing one? Before you make the switch, find out more about the benefits of owning an electric car and electric vehicle chargers.
Electric Cars Versus Traditional Cars
Here are a few benefits of an electric car over a traditional, gas-powered car:
- Over time, electric cars cost less than a gas car. Owners do not have to pay for gas or oil changes. Electric cars have fewer parts to repair and require more infrequent maintenance work.
- Electric cars are better for the environment as they have zero tailpipe emissions, thus contributing to cleaner air.
- Never go to gas station again! You can charge your car from the comfort of your home.
- Depending on the state you live in, you may be eligible for a tax credit for driving an electric car.
- The government has several other incentives to encourage people to buy electric cars. This can include preferential parking spots, free charging stations, and access to the HOV lane with just a single driver.
Electric Vehicle Chargers
An electric vehicle charger does exactly as the name implies. If you are the owner of an electric car, or are considering purchasing an electric car, then a charger is of utmost importance. Having an electric vehicle charger at your house will allow you to conveniently charge your car at any time. You just plug it in and forget it until you need it!
It is best to contact a professional electrician to install an electric vehicle charger in your home. Depending on your home and your vehicle, electric vehicle chargers will come with specific requirements. A professional will be able to discuss your needs and offer the best choice for your particular situation. Maintenance will depend on the type of charger you choose; faster chargers often require more upkeep, so be sure to ask about regular maintenance schedules.
Tim Kyle Electrical Service
For those looking for residential electrical service Frederick County MD area, Tim Kyle Electrical Service is your top choice. At Tim Kyle, we offer upfront pricing before beginning any project. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Contact us today for a consultation.